Tuesday, October 11, 2011

First day of internship 10/04/2011

Today I arranged the sculpture for the first SAA membership show at the Bush Barn Art Center. I didn't really know what to expect my first day at the gallery and was pleased with the assignment. I spent the first hour or so moving pedestals down from the second floor before arranging any pieces. The arrangement process took a lot more contemplation that I thought it would. I tried to pay attention to the spacing and placement of each individual piece toward where I thought the majority of people would be viewing from. I subconsciously placed the brightest ceramics toward the back of the room which worked out, from a distance they welcomed the viewer's gaze. Anyways I am pleased with the opportunity of this internship.

No comments:

Post a Comment